1) Conjure the great World Tree, entering it and going to the Inner Temple.
2) Orient yourself in the center of your sacred space. You will notice four doorways around you. You may have never noticed them before, but they will be very clear to you now. Each of the doorways leads to a different elemental plane. Each one will be in a different colour and have a different symbol on it for the element, such as the elemental triangles or tattvas. By its markings, find the doorway that leads to the realm of water, and stand before it. Usually the water doorway is oriented to your western direction in the temple, but your inner temple is beyond direction in the physical world, so go to whatever door calls to you as water.
3) Hold the intention to enter the realm of water and in your silent, magickal voice, ask permission to open the door. You are asking permission of the highest aspects of yourself, and the realm of water.
4) If you get a yes response, open the door of water. It can open normally or dissolve like salt in water. If you know the invoking pentagram of water, you can use it as your key. In the doorway is a swirling vortex of water, as if a water spouts funnel is covering the gateway, creating a tunnel of water for you to travel. Enter the realm of water.
5) Feel the cool mist all around you with the spinning waters drawing you deeper. Feel the chill in the air as you attune with this elemental energy. The splash and spray clean away all hurt and pains from the past, opening your heart to the love of water.
6) As you move deeper into the tunnel of water, you lose sight of your inner temple and immerse yourself in the element. Ahead you find a light, leading you out of the tunnel and into the realm of water. You find yourself immersed in water, in a vast ocean, yet you can breathe and move with safety and comfort. Take notice of all things around you, the fish, the plants, the sea floor. Feel the currents and temperature shifts. This is the land of undines, mer-folk, undersea kingdoms, and the fabled Niksa.
7) You feel a current pull you, like a beckoning pathway, taking you deeper into the realm of water. You might cross the path of fish, dolphins, or whales. You could find healing sea plants.
8) At the end of the path is a figure, your personal guide to the element of water. It could be an elemental being, animal, deity, or perhaps an angel, there to guide you on the path of water. Introduce yourself, and ask the guide its name and function. Follow this guide, and receive what your guide has to offer. Since taste is the sense of water, not sight or hearing, your guide may not talk a lot or show you things, but impart a sense of feeling, memory, and empathetic communication. Here, feeling is more important thank knowing. Take this wisdom in, and ask any questions you have.
9) Ask your guide upon whom shall you call as your guardian of water in ritual. Sometimes it is the guide itself, but often the guide will point you to a deity or other being of power.
10 Your guide will lead you back to the tunnel of water and bid you farewell. Thank your guide for this time and knowledge. Know that you now have a link in the realm of water. The guide may give you a gift to inspire your emotion and love, or give you a drop of compassion to carry within you.
11) Return through the tunnel of water, moving through the mist and water. Come back to the inner temple, and close the gateway of water as you opened it. Orient yourself in the temple. If you have a gift from the realm of water, you can pout it in your temple space if you desire.
12) Return back through the World Tree tunnel, and stand at the base of the tree. Thank the World Tree. Step back through the screen of your mind’s eye and let the World Tree gently fade from view.
13) Return yourself to normal consciousness, counting up, giving yourself clearance and balance. Do any necessary grounding.