1) Get into your magickal mindset. Visualize a beam of light extending down from your spine, grounding you down to the Earth like the roots of a tree, or a balloon tied down. The beam of light is hollow like a straw, and you can draw energy up and down it. The beam connects you to the center of the Earth. As you inhale, hold the intention of drawing up the Earth energy, like sucking up a straw. In your mind, ask Mother Earth to send her energy up to you. With each inhalation, the energy moves further up the beam of light.
2) Feel the energy rise up through the beam of light, Some visualize it as green, brown, black, or blue. It may move quickly or slowly. Feel it reach the base of your spine and flow upward, through your body. Feel the Earth energy move through your belly and up into your chest. Feel it energize your body. Feel it flow through your neck and into your head, and out the crown. Feel the beam of light extend upward, connection you to the sky.
3) While the Earth energy still flows upward, feel the energy of the sky flow down as you inhale, like water. At first it may be a trickle, or flow like a flood. Let it descend down the beam of light and into your crown. The sky energy flows much faster than the Earth energy, down through your head and neck, through your chest and heart space into your belly, to the base of your spine and down into the Earth.
4) Feel yourself in balance with these two energies. They are not static poles, but free-flowing, living energies. Release your own rigid polarities, the things you wish to transmute, and allow them to flow with you.
5) Slow down the flow with your intent, and allow the remaining Earth energy to flow upward and out, and the remaining sky energy to flow down and out into the Earth, helping ground you.
6) Return yourself to normal consciousness, counting up, and giving yourself clearance and balance. Do any necessary grounding.