1) Sit or lie comfortably. Relax your body. Be aware of your head, from your crown to the back of your neck. Take a deep breath, exhale, and relax all the muscles in your head and neck. Relax your jaw. Relax your face muscles. Relax your eyes and forehead. Feel all tension drain away.
2) Take a deep breath, exhale, and relax your shoulders and arms, all the way down the arms, past the elbows to the wrists, hands, and fingertips. Waves of relaxation melt away all tension and stress.
3) Breathe deeply and as you exhale, release all tension in your chest and lungs, your upper back, down your spine to the lower back, abdomen, waist, and hips. Feel them completely relax as all tension drains out of you.
4) Take a deep breath, exhale, and release all tensions from your legs, starting in your thighs and moving down to your knees. Relax your shins and calf muscles, down to the ankles, feet, and toes. All tension drains out of you.
5) Breathe deeply and relax. Enjoy the sensation. Scan your body as you breathe. Do you feel any remaining pockets of tension or pain? If so, imagine as you breathe in that your breath magickally reaches the tension anywhere in your body and takes the tension as you exhale.
6) Relax your mind. Any thoughts, worries, or concerns from the day melt away and leave with your breath as you exhale. Don’t let them concern you any longer. Relax your mental body completely.
7) Relax your heart. Release any unwanted feelings, emotions, and memories as you exhale. Open your heart to the love of the Goddess and the God.
8) Relax your soul. As you breathe, feel the pulse and rhythm of life that moves through you and know it moves through all things. Follow your inner light for guidance and protection.