Sunday, February 15, 2009
Meditation: Past-life Exploration
1) Get into your magickal mindset.
2) In your mind’s eye, visualize the great World Tree.
3) Imagine that the screen of your mind’s eye is like a window or doorway, a portal through which you can easily pass. Step through the screen and stand before the World Tree. Look up and feel its power. Touch the tree and place in it the intention of visiting your inner temple to do past-life exploration.
4) Look around the base of the giant tree, in the roots, and search for a passageway to your inner temple. Enter it. At the end of the tunnel you see a light, and you move toward that light and step out into your inner temple.
5) Affirm your protection shield and invoke your guides to be with you. Remember that they are present to answer any questions and send you in the right direction. When in doubt, ask them to help.
6) Ask to find the Gateway of Memories. Ask for the past-life experience correct and good for you. Once you stand before the doorway, open it up. It leads you through a long tunnel with many doors.
7) One door in particular will stand out to you, perhaps by its colour or a symbol. This door leads to the past life correct for you. Go to that door and open it up. See the staircase descending and walk down it, counting each of the twenty-two steps backwards, from 22 - 1.
8) Jump off the last step and feel yourself jumping into your past life. Immediately look down at your feet. What are your impressions? What do you see? Are you wearing shoes? Scan the body upward and describe what you are wearing. Are you a man or a woman?
9) Look up and around at your environment. What do you see? If there is a reflective surface around, look into it and describe yourself. Do you recognize the time period or location? Access the memories of this person. Who are you? Where are you? What is the season? What is the year?
10) How do you feel in this life, physically and emotionally? Are you healthy? Are you happy? If you are uncomfortable or in any pain, you can step out of your body and observe the events like a movie.
11) Is there anyone around you? What are the relationships between these people and you? Do you recognize them as people in your current life? What are they doing?
12) If you feel prepared to experience your last moments, move forward in time to your passing, as you count down from five to one. Look around and describe what you see. Where are you? How are you dying? Is there anyone with you? How do you feel about your life?
13) Watch your spirit leave your body and travel outward. Follow this passing spirit beyond the veil, where other spirits will greet it. You can hear their messages, and take this time to speak with your won guides to understand the significance this life is having on your current incarnation.
14) Before you are the stairs leading back up to the inner temple. Count them up, from 1 - 22. Walk down the hallway back to the center of your temple and close the Gate of Memories. Listen for any messages your guides have and ask any further questions.
15) When you are done, return through the World Tree tunnel and stand before the World Tree. Step back through the screen of your mind’s eye and let the World Tree gently fade from view.
16) Return yourself to normal consciousness, counting up, and giving yourself clearance and balance. Do any necessary grounding.